Winter Warmer - Three Bean Chilli
Dead easy to make (even Phil can manage this!)
One of our favourites and you can make it as hot as you like. However if you make it too hot, the chilli will overpower the other ingredients and ruin the dish.
- 2 onions
- 2 tablespoons of rapeseed/olive oil
- 1 red pepper
- 1 green pepper
- Chillies (your choice, Jalapenos as a good start as you can always add more heat!, We tend to use Scotch Bonnets which have a fruity flavour and a good heat).
- 2 cloves of garlic (optional)
- Tin of chopped tomatoes
- Tin of Kidney Beans
- Tin of Berlotti Beans
- Tin of Haricot Beans
- 1/2 pint of beer (optional)
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin (optional)
- Salt to taste.
So simple to make..
1) In a large pan add the oil over a medium heat.
2) Chop and add the onions, peppers, chillies and garlic.
3) Saute for 5 minutes or until mixture has softened, stir to stop it sticking.
4) Add the beer and stir well.
5) Then bung in the kidney beans, berlotti beans, haricot beans and tomatoes
6) Finally add the cumin. If you want you can add a table spoon of chilli powder to pep up the whole dish. It really depends on the chillies used.
7) Cover and simmer for 15 minutes.
8) Serve immediately with chunky bread.
A great winter warmer!