Really, really easy to make. The chillies give the popcorn an interesting dimension. Very popular in our household.
- 100g Popping corn
- 50g Butter
- 4 finely diced fresh chillies (Medium heat recommended)
- Black pepper
- 2 tablespoons Rapeseed Oil - We use Rapeseed rather than Olive oil due to its nutty flavour.
Making is really straightforward.
1) In a frying pan, add the butter and diced chilles and cook for a couple of minutes until it starts to bubble. Add two twists from a black peppercorn grinder and stir.
2) In a pan, heat the oil and add the popcorn. Cover and wait for corn to start popping. Hold over the heat and shake until it stops.
3) Remove from the heat and stir in the butter mix.
4) Serve immediately.
If you want a sweeter version :
1) In a frying pan, add the butter, diced chillies and 50g of Demerara Sugar and cook for a couple of minutes until it starts to bubble.
Follow recipe above, steps 2-4
All you need now is a good film!