Chilli Chocolate Tiffin
Really easy to make... even Phil can manage this one!
Makes 24 slices
- 225g (8oz) Vegetable margarine or butter
- 75g (3oz) Sugar
- 3 tblspns Golden syrup
- 5 tblspns Cocoa Powder
- 50g (2oz) Chopped Dates
- 50g (2oz) Glace Cherries quartered
- 50g (2oz) Sultanas
- 350g (12oz) Digestive Biscuits or Hob Nobs Crushed
- 225g (8oz) Chilli Chocolate - Orange is our favourite flavour.
- 1 tsp of chilli powder (optional)*
1) Place the margarine, syrup, sugar and cocoa in a large saucepan and heat slowly, stirring occasionally until all melted.
2) Stir in the dates, cherries, sultanas and crushed biscuits. If you want to make the recipe *hotter*, you can add 1 tsp of chilli powder to the mixture at this stage and stir in well.
3) Mix well then spoon the mixture into a lined 20cm (8”?) square tin.
4) Level the top and place in the fridge to chill for about 30 minutes.
5) Melt the chilli chocolate in a bowl over a pan of water.
6) When melted pour over the biscuit base and leave to set.
Cut into 24 finger slices and enjoy!!
This recipe can also be adapted for other flavours of chilli chocolate such as coffee and mind. For a festive twist you can use orange chilli chocolate for the topping and add the zest of a Clementine and 1 tbsp of crushed cranberries in with the biscuit base mixture.